Talks & Lectures
Over the past few years I have been fortunate to speak for a variety of organisations, at numerous venues and military establishments, on a number of historical topics.
I am confident speaking on a wide range of subjects relating to naval & maritime history, and whilst I predominantly focus on the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, my research interests cover numerous areas within the long eighteenth century and beyond.
A few of my previous lecture topics are listed below.
- The Battle of Trafalgar
- Leadership in Adversity: Lessons from Shackleton, Scott, and Amundsen
- The Battle of the Nile
- Counter piracy initiatives in the Indian Ocean
- Women in shipping & maritime
- The Life & Career of Lord Nelson
- Royal Naval gunners
- The evolution of naval gunnery
- Naval traditions & 'Jackspeak'
- HMS Victory
- The French perspectives of the Napoleonic Wars
- The Trafalgar Way and Trafalgar Dispatches
- Royal Navy commemoration and memorials
- Impressment & The War of 1812
- Shipbuilding in the 18th century / shipbuilding in Hampshire
If you would like me to speak at your event, please send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
'I wanted to write to say a huge thank you for your brilliant historical dits at the Trafalgar Night dinner. They were insightful, humorous and the perfect accompaniment to a great evening for all'